So, today was transfer day. I have been relatively cool, calm, and collected up until today. I have been on pins and needles wondering how my 4 little babies have been doing (and if we still had 4) since Monday. I left work at 11:00 a.m. to get to UMC around 12:30 to have blood drawn and walk to the room where the embryologist is with the lab. It was a LONG drive. I thought about all of the possibilities. What if there were none left? What if they were perftect blastocysts? I was giddy, I was happy, I was scared. I have been soooo anxious through this whole process. I've been "Cautiously optimistic" so to speak. I want this to work sooooo bad, but am afraid of how I'd feel if I get my hopes up too high.
Well, we finally got to the little embryology room and I got changed into another beautiful gown and the lovely hair-cap thing and footsie covers. Jeremy got to wear a yellow robe like when we visited our niece in the NICU. We forgot to ask our nurse to take a picture of us together because we were busy chatting and then it got busy. Dr Phy came in and greeted us and then the embryologist came out and showed her the images of our little embryos. We actually only had 3 left today at this point. One blastocyst and two compacted morulas. (These are our BABIES! =)
So, we transferred all three. Yes, call us crazy, insane, whatever. I don't care! I have worked sooooo hard trying to make sure this worked perfectly and I would do whatever it takes to get a baby out of this! NO we aren't gonna be "just like Octomom" or whatever. But, we really could just use more of your prayers to make sure we have at least one sweet baby from this cycle. I am having a hard time right now because I have faced so many negative pregnancy tests and just want one to finally come back positive. I am having a really hard time being excited and optimistic right now. I need God to fill me with his peace. I also only need to hear positive and uplifting encouragement, and not questions on why we chose 3 and all that. It was our decision and I fully support it 100%.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amanda we did the same. We had 3 A's the morning we went in and Dr Jabara said he was leaving it up to us to decide on transfer of all 3 because the other ones had slowed in proress and were very sluggish. We felt it would be impossible to choose. I told him that this is where our faith came in. God would not give us more than we could handle. To this day it makes me a little ill to think what if we had stayed with 2 would we have Lizzi! God is with you and my prayers are strong for you!! Much love!! Keep your head up and Praise God for what He has done and Will do...
ReplyDeleteHi.
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through 'the bump' and wanted to stop by. Good luck for a successful transfer!